Friday, January 06, 2006

Yesterday I learned how to escape from handcuffs. I did it like 7 times, then I put it on my wrist, no problem, picked 'em straightaway. Then I cuffed myself to the armrest of my chair and I was stuck for almost an hour.Good Times.
The military is trying to go 'paperless', that is, alot of things are online or electronic media. Personnel data, pay info, computer-based training, mass dissemination of info via email, et cetera. That being said, there is still ALOT of paperwork before you deploy somewhere. Paperwork on top of paperwork, and it's causing a mild despair on my part. Hopefully I'll get it all done before the last minute.
I was issued a brend new (not really) M16. I say the parenthetical not really, because it's a Vietnam-era gun that has never ever been fired before today that was procured by the DoD in 1968, sat in a vault till last year, and was retrofitted to the specs of the current model (M16A2) late last year. It was stiff, the takedown pins were jammed, the bolt was dry, and there were nasty mineral deposits on the front of the bolt. Now everyone that doesn't know anything about guns feels inferior. Bask in my glow. I hate guns. I hate touching them, I hate looking at them, and I pray to GOD that I never have to use one for anything other then redneck recreation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home