Sunday, January 15, 2006

So, I am alone in my house on the eve of going off to my first war. Lindsay took Selah to the in-laws, Linz starts school tommorow and daycare is closed, so the grampses are watching Selah and the dog. I'm all alone and I can't stop listening to sad songs. I have so much to do, but am overcome by lethargy. I want to re-pack. I want to straighten up and place phone calls to loved ones. I need to eat something. I just spent an hour renaming mp3s that were mislabled. The Chemical Brothers are on and it reminds me of Randall...

Ok, so I've been in a spiritual slump since joining the military, I started swearing and gossipping. I hate it. Today is my
"White Funeral". Today I am reborn. I'm tired of trying to do it all and failing, it's not working out for me. I'll have alot of time to study and pary, plus I'll be in the Holy Land. I'm going to the birthplace of Abraham. Literaly the same archaeological site. I'll be at the crossing of the Tigris and Euphrates. Ur. Home of the Wheel.The fertile Crescent. An-Nassiriyyah, site of the Ziggurrat.


Pray for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger The_LoneTomato said...

You got it, Dave.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home